.

.

Easy Roasted Baby Potatoes

7/14/14


I rarely make potatoes.  Not because I don't love them (in fact I had a mad craving for baked potatoes my first pregnancy), but I guess I feel a guilt associated with eating them.  WHAT SILLINESS.  Come on, people, let's eat potatoes occasionally!!!  I don't feel guilty eating brownies for breakfast, so why should I feel guilty about eating a food packed with vitamins and minerals?!  Especially when they are roasted, not fried.  Carson made the most delicious steak over the weekend, and for a quick, easy and delicious side I roasted these baby potatoes.  Slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly tender on the inside, lots of herbs (and a hint of butter)... yum.  Thumbs up for potatoes!


Easy Roasted Baby Potatoes
(Serves 6)

1 lb. baby potatoes
2 T olive oil
2 T unsalted butter, melted
1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
1 T fresh thyme, chopped
1 T fresh chives, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425.  Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.  Add a generous pinch of salt, and bring potatoes to a boil.  Let cook for 7-10 minutes, until potatoes can be pierced with a fork, but aren't falling apart.  Drain and run under cold water.  Make sure they are very dry, I like to dab mine with a paper towel.  Place dried potatoes in large bowl.  In a small bowl, stir together oil, butter, herbs and garlic.  Pour mixture over potatoes and stir.  Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.  Place on a baking sheet (so that the potatoes are completely spread out) and roast for 20-25 minutes.   

2 comments:

Natalia/Shandrese said...

These look amazing! Definitely going to try this recipe!

obat darah tinggi said...

amazing :) nice to see a nice blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger