.

.

TODAY tonight: Lemon Pesto Shrimp Rolls

7/17/14


When Carson started working on The Today Show, he acquired a job perk that I'm totally not jealous of at all (nope).  Which is, EATING INCREDIBLE FOOD MADE BY INCREDIBLE CHEFS.  Not jealous!  He comes home, almost daily, and tells me he had "the best" this and "the best" that.  However, instead of pouting over this perk, I've decided to take advantage of the inspiration he offers me with these new ideas by creating a series I'm going to call "TODAY tonight."  When he raves and raves about what he ate at work, I'm going to recreate it, and I started last night with Giada De Laurentiis' Lemon Pesto Shrimp Rolls

As a regular contributor to the show, Giada has made many things Carson has loved, but this was a particular favorite.  This is shrimp, poached in a flavorful broth, tossed in a vibrantly fresh pesto sauce, accompanied by crunchy celery and smooth cannellini beans, served on delicious bread.  A perfect summer lunch or dinner, in our case.  She made two other meals that day (click on link above), all based on these five basic ingredients:      

  

Look at that color below!  My favorite.  The lemon and Italian parsley in this pesto made it so bright and delicious, and it came together in minutes...


Have you ever poached shrimp in a bowl on the counter?  I hadn't!  Just pour a hot poaching liquid consisting of wine, broth, oil and herbs over the fish, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit...




This is homemade bread too, by the way, that I made from store-bought pizza dough.  
I'll talk about that tomorrow : )  


Thank you Giada, thank you Carson, thank you Today Show! 
(I sound like an Alanis Morissette song).  

5 comments:

Misty said...

This sounds delicious and so summery! I might have to go buy some good shrimp today!

Also, I'm totally not jealous of Carson eating all that ridiculously good food either. Pfft!

obat stroke tradisional said...

Nice post,, i'm very enjoyed to visit this site :Dong

Deborah said...

Looks delicious will have to try to make these myself Thanks for all the great recipes that you post

Marblehead Mary said...

Looks great, I'll look forward to more 'Today/Tonight' postings :)

LuRuSo said...

I love this series idea! (Siris?) Looking forward to more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger