.

.

Rosemary Rutabaga Fries

11/18/15


Rutabaga might be the coolest word.  Say it a few times (if you know how to pronounce it).  Rutabaga.  Rutabaga.  Now say it with an Elvis accent, I don't know why, just trust me.  Don't you feel cool?  Or are you starting to feel extremely foolish?  Ok, we'll move on.

It is a root vegetable, and when I went to that cooking class I talked about a few weeks ago, the chef prepared Rutabaga Fries.  They were so good - not crispy like traditional fries, but that caramelized, roasted texture makes up for it.  Rutabaga's taste similar to a turnip, and have a little of that horseradish flavor that I happen to love.  Combined with the earthy rosemary, salt, pepper and good olive oil, these were a perfect side dish for this time of year.

Rosemary Rutabaga Fries
(Serves 4)

1 rutabaga
2 T chopped rosemary
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Peel and chop the rutabaga into 1/4-inch sticks.  Place in a bowl, and drizzle with olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper.  Use your hands to toss, making sure everything is well coated.  Place on a baking sheet, and roast for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan a few times to ensure even cooking.

3 comments:

KW said...

Looks tasty!!I love Rutabagas.One question...their so hard to cut how did you do it?

Sandy said...

I was thinking the same thing, KW. Any tricks to cutting it, Siri?

Siri said...

I made sure my knife was very sharp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger