.

.

Chicken and Sweet Potato Enchiladas

5/6/16


Hello!  Welcome back to me!  We just returned from California where we were for almost two weeks, and I won't lie, I don't mind that my kids are still jet lagged and sleeping in until 8:00 am every morning.  Especially because I know it won't last!  I've missed you guys, I've missed cooking, I've missed my routine... and non-travel-sized toiletries.  I finally got back into the kitchen last night to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and my Mama's birthday!  She wasn't with us (lives in Minnesota), but we toasted to her (tequila, obviously) and enjoyed these delicious Chicken and Sweet Potato Enchiladas.  

I followed this recipe with a few alterations: used an already cooked Rotisserie chicken, added two chopped sweet potatoes with the chicken (that I microwaved for 8 minutes first), and used mini corn tortillas (which fit into one pan - the recipe calls for two).  It was superb!  I would highly recommend adding it to your weeknight meal repertoire.  

For a behind-the-scenes look at my prep, hurry on over to Snapchat (siriouslydelish) and follow me!  I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it... sloooooowly (I'm an old person now).  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks fabulous, Siri! Thanks for sharing. I'll be trying it on my family of four over the weekend -- between soccer practice, symphony tickets, baby bottles, and the usual busyness. I always enjoy your blog and feel grateful to "see" another Mom out there loving her family and cooking despite the chaos. :) Cheers! - RHaddad

Unknown said...

This looks so amazing and not that difficult. Quick question. My sister is about to have a baby and I am thinking of food I can stock her freezer with that is different from the many lasagnas I am sure will dropped off. I know this would be a hit with her whole family. Do you think it would be best to assemble and freeze unbaked or bake then freeze?
Love your blog. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

Siri said...

Yes, that would be a great idea Melanie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger