.

.

Easy Butter Shrimp

5/20/16


If you're unfamiliar with Buzzfeed's Tasty Videos, familiarize yourself, right now.  They are addicting to watch.  'Like' them on your Facebook page, and they will pop up in your newsfeed and it will be the most glorious thing.  In fact, I think it's becoming a problem for me because late at night when I can't sleep I watch video after video after video.  You will want to cook everything.  Better yet, you will think you CAN cook ANYthing.  I have about 23 bookmarked that I'll get to someday.  For now, I will tell you about this recipe I saw for Butter Chicken that is simmered in spices like turmeric, garam masala, cinnamon and ginger... and of course, butter.  But only 6 tablespoons of butter, that's not a crazy amount, right?!  I don't know, I have the brain of a 600-pound woman, so... 

I decided to cook this with shrimp instead and because of that, I altered things slightly.  I did brown the shrimp in the butter in the beginning, but only for one minute per side.  Then, when it says to simmer the sauce, I simmered it for 15 minutes without the shrimp, then added it, and simmered it for 15 minutes more (I think you would need to simmer it that long even with the chicken in order to properly thicken the sauce).  I also used whole milk instead of heavy cream, and I cut down the cayenne to 1/4 tsp (instead of 1 full tsp) and found it PERFECTLY spicy (but, I'm a wuss).    

Make this!!  Recipe here.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems so yummy! Thanks for sharing!!
Check this out too
http://www.blackhatforum.co

Unknown said...

Omg! I think I can smell that from here lol! Looks amazing! Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

http://shavae.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger