.

.

Creamy Mushroom Toast

8/8/16


Can I tell you guys something?  Haha, like you have a choice.  Anyway, the month of August is the only time I relax.  Like really, truly relax.  Every year, we go to a small town in Southern California for vacation.  We are surrounded by family (also known as BABYSITTERS) and my kids actually play, outside, all day long.  Device time is limited (sort of, thanks Pokemon Go) and they fall asleep every night with sun kissed faces and sand in their ears (don't judge, there is a drought, we sacrifice our cleanliness).  I read a book and go for bike rides with my husband.  I play golf!  We NAP.  

August is a lovely and glorious month.  

And because we are in a rental home, I cook pretty often.  I'm excited to share some beachy, summery foods in the next few weeks.  But for now, this Creamy Mushroom Toast is something I made before we left.  It's a great appetizer or even lunch, especially paired with a salad.  

And now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do nothing.  
(Follow me on Insta and Snap for more food-related posts this month.)


Creamy Mushroom Toast
Serves 8-10

1 lb. sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp red wine
2 Tbsp heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Sliced bread of choice, toasted

In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.  Add mushrooms, in batches if necessary (you don't want to crowd them).  Saute for roughly 10 minutes, until they begin to brown and caramelize.  Add the red wine, and sauté until wine cooks off, a few minutes.  Lower heat to medium-low, and add the cream.  Saute for another couple of minutes.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Smother toast with mushrooms and enjoy!  (Would be great topped with parsley or chives as well.)

2 comments:

mana76445 said...

I got this blog site through my friends and when I searched this really there were informative articles at the place. thestockbridgerestaurant.co.uk

57646 said...

travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger